23 Things I’ve Learned In 23 Years
I turned 23 yesterday! so here’s a list of things I feel as though I’ve learned over the last 23 years.
- Nobody is perfect
- Everyone is dealing with something
- Spend as much time as you can with the people you love – they won’t be around forever
- Don’t waste your time on people who don’t make you happy
- Stop comparing yourself
- People with barely any money are a hell of a lot more generous than people with a lot of money
- Braces are worth the years of your sister calling you Ugly Betty
- Finding your own style is more important than following any fashion or trends
- Don’t try to fit in
- Losing someone you love will absolutely ruin you and no amount of time will make it easier
- Rabbit’s make the best pets (alongside dogs)
- Eating pizza wont make you put a stone on overnight
- You’re a lot stronger than you think
- Don’t sweat the small stuff – life’s too short!
- You can meet the love of your life anywhere (In my case – in a grotty club in Stafford)
- Money isn’t everything
- No, Dying your hair black doesn’t automatically make you look like Amy Lee from Evanescence.
- You will learn the most valuable life lessons outside of education
- Relationships need a lot of time and attention, that goes for partners and friendships.
- Exercising is important
- You can’t change the past so don’t dwell on it too much
- Having patience is a seriously hard trait to master
- Finally, I’ve learned that you can’t love anyone else without loving yourself first.
Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest